Timmeloche

Timmeloche

Uncle John's Curiously Compelling Bathroom Reader
Bathroom Readers' Institute
Turn Coat (The Dresden Files, #11)
James Marsters, Jim Butcher
Where the Sidewalk Ends
Shel Silverstein
Eyes of the Innocent (Carter Ross Mystery #2)
Brad Parks

Whispers Under Ground (Peter Grant #3)

Whispers Under Ground (Peter Grant #3) - Ben Aaronovitch My #3 Favorite read of 2013

A Spectacular 5 Stars

The best book in the series so far! I continue to the sing the praises the British Apprentice Wizard.

I am continuing to enjoy how Peter Grant continues to explore magic through the eye of science. This brings a refreshing and original take to magic in UF. As usual, intellect rules the day. Peter's magic skills slowly grow, the magic serves as a secondary player in his investigations.

We are again graced with the presence of Lesley, the hard nosed, no nonsense police constable, who happened to have her face fall off in the first book. She serves as a great balance and counter-point to Harry's emotional style.

Through the first 3 books, there is far less of the standard UF fare, i.e. vampires, werewolves, faeries etc. Since magic is a natural force in Harry's world that can be transferred through various means, there are a wide variety of people and items that can take on "Magical" qualities. Again, another reason the books are so engaging.

I'm looking forward to continuing with this amazing series.