Timmeloche

Timmeloche

Uncle John's Curiously Compelling Bathroom Reader
Bathroom Readers' Institute
Turn Coat (The Dresden Files, #11)
James Marsters, Jim Butcher
Where the Sidewalk Ends
Shel Silverstein
Eyes of the Innocent (Carter Ross Mystery #2)
Brad Parks

The Dark Monk: A Hangman's Daughter Tale (US Edition)

The Dark Monk: A Hangman's Daughter Tale (US Edition) - Oliver Pötzsch I have had difficulty getting to my reviews. I will provide a more in depth review if I can remember to get back to it.

The Dark Monk is the second book in the Hangman's Daughter series. They are historical mysteries with thriller aspects. It would be a mistake to call them "cozy" but they do not qualify as a "dark". They provide a pleasing and entertaining read somewhere in between.

The second installment is, in my opinion, even better than the first. The charactes are entertaining and vibrant. Each character has their own list of vices and unashamedly themselves. In this installment, the author delves into the sub-genre or religious mystery/thriller with Templars and hidden treasures. This themes in recent years has had much paly and has mostly lost my interest. In this case, the mystery is approached from characters in the 17th century. Their perspectives, beliefs and methods of solving the mystery are different than any of the similar storylines. Overall, this makes for an exciting historical thrill ride.