Timmeloche

Timmeloche

Uncle John's Curiously Compelling Bathroom Reader
Bathroom Readers' Institute
Turn Coat (The Dresden Files, #11)
James Marsters, Jim Butcher
Where the Sidewalk Ends
Shel Silverstein
Eyes of the Innocent (Carter Ross Mystery #2)
Brad Parks

Proven Guilty (The Dresden Files, Book 8)

Proven Guilty - Jim Butcher 3.5 Stars

Having read 8 books into the series, I feel as if I am running out of things to say about this series. Regardless, I have several observations to this point.

1) Jim Butcher is a masterful storyteller. He manages to move the story along while introducing and removing characters to keep things from going stale. I think that by book 8 of any other series, I would be ready to move on.

2) I appreciate the manner is which Christians and Christianity are portrayed. It becomes tiresome to read books where Christian are portrayed as either crackpots, hypocrites or just self-serving, power hungry or evil. We are presented with characters who are believers and both tolerant and powerful. Kudos Mr. Butcher.

As for the 8th installment in the series, it was much slower than the rest. There is a subtle change in the main characters and uncomfortable familiarity has befallen our group of heroes. The interaction between characters, especially Dresden and Murphy has changed significantly and I simply do not like it. Personal taste I guess. That said, Dresden has become less of the American Hero Prototype, i.e. lone ranger/solo cowboy. Thankfully, he has embraced the help of friends which is helping to keep the story fresh.

While I found the majority of the book to be slow and rather boring, it does redeem itself somewhat in the end with some interesting plat twists which portend interesting future storylines.

While this one did disappoint, it will not keep me from reading on. Guess I did have a couple of things to say.....